Your Credit Union membership is established when you open and maintain a Savings account. Having a Savings account is required for access to other services, such as loans. Savings is also called Share Savings because it is your 'Share' of ownership in the credit union. A minimum of $25 must remain on deposit in your Savings to maintain membership. Your Savings account features:
- Earn dividends when a minimum balance is maintained (see our rates for current minimums).
- Make up to four free withdrawals and six transfers per month.
- Schedule automatic transfers to build your savings
- May be used to cover Overdrafts from your Checking account
There is no monthly fee for your savings account when you use any one of the following:
- Direct Deposit (full paycheck)
- Have a loan with a balance of $1 or more (credit cards excluded)
- Maintain a combined balance of $1,500. Combined balances are the total of your checking, savings, Holiday saver, certificates, etc under one account number.