Who Can Join
How Do I Open an Account?
- An opening deposit of at least $25
- An unexpired government-issued photo ID, such as a drivers license, US Permanent Resident (Green) Card, passport, or military ID.
- A second form of ID, such as a work ID, student ID, health insurance card, utility bill or other ID.
- You will need to provide a social security number (SSN) or tax ID number (ITIN) for your account. You do not have to bring the card with you.
If applying for a loan, please bring your most recent paystub or proof of income.
Appointments are required for loans and new accounts. For questions please call 323-505-2600.
Cal State L.A. Federal Credit Union Membership is available to the following groups:
- Family members of our members
- CSULA Faculty, staff and students
- CSULA retirees (must have retired from employment at CSULA)
- CSULA Alumni Association members
- El Sereno community (those who live, work, worship or go to school in El Sereno)
- Employees of Goodwill Industries
- Employees of the cities of Vernon, Bell, Bell Gardens, Cudahy, Maywood and Huntington Park
- Members of the Greater El Sereno Chamber of Commerce
- Employees of Select Employee Groups. A select employee group is a business which has applied for and been approved to offer membership as a benefit to their employees. If you are interested in offering this benefit at no cost to your company, please contact Ida at 323-505-2600 x108.
Not in one of the above groups, but still want to join? If you live in Los Angeles county, consider joining the CSULA Alumni Association. The cost to join the Alumni Association is a $100 donation. Alumni Association membership is free to all students and Alumni of CSULA. Please see a Member Representative if you are interested in joining the Alumni Association in order to be eligible for membership.
Important Information About Procedures For Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.