The Credit Union offers both Traditional and Roth IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) for your retirement savings. For those who are eligible, these accounts represent a great way to save for retirement. Benefits include:
- No IRA maintenance fee to eat away your savings!
- Initial deposit as low as $100
- Earn competitive dividends when minimum balances are maintained
- Schedule automatic transfers to build your account
- Unlike stock market accounts which may lose value, your Credit Union IRA is separately insured up to $250,000 per IRA by the NCUA, an agency of the federal government.
- Potential tax benefits
Consult a tax advisor for more information, including determining your eligibility, contribution limits, and which IRAs are right for you.
The deadline to open or contribute to an IRA for each tax year is April 15 of the following calendar year. (Or the first business day after the 15th if it falls on a weekend.)
A rollover is distribution of cash or other assets from one retirement plan to another retirement plan. The contribution to the second retirement plan is called a "rollover contribution." If you would like to 'rollover" your IRA to the Credit Union, please contact us by emailing memberservice (at) calstatela-fcu (dot) org.
When you retire or change jobs, Rollover IRAs also may be used to receive the money you have accumulated in your employer's retirement or pension fund. Consult your financial counselor or tax advisor for details about Rollovers.